Yesterday I noticed that a colleague of mine wrote a conference paper based on the collaborative project we did together, and did not inform me about it or send me the paper. It must have included my words, my time and contribution on the project; however I was not on the author list. I asked her what was going on, and that I was a bit worried when I saw the paper on her publication list. She said she used the same data and did her own thing with it, so she did not have to notify me with everything she did about the past collaborative work. Well the interesting thing is that we never published anything yet on that part of the study she reported on. If in the past we had published something I would have no issues about it. I was so upset with the situation all day.
I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I was not sleepy but I stayed in bed, having short naps and short dreams. The dreams I see relaxes me at these moments. I start to think about the issues that makes me uncomfortable and fall asleep. In my dream I live thru a positive solution of the issue, and when I wake up it felt like it really happened. The dream usually reflects how I want things to happen, and when I see they happened I feel relaxed. Then I give time for the situation to happen in real life. I some cases similar things happen in real situations, and in some cases I loose my interest in the subject because I have already solved it in my dream. And when I disconnect myself from the problem in the real situations it does not hurt/worry me anymore. This is also called non-attachment in Buddhist philosophy, which is not easy to do most times. I worry about situations for days before I solve them unconsciously or in my dreams.
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment