I have been writing a paper for a human-computer interaction conference for the last couple of days. I have to finalize and submit it before I go to Turkey on Sunday. Ok Why have I been stressing myself out by creating a last minute taks which is reather consuming ? I ve talked about my colleague who produced a paper which had my words in it, without me being the author, and I was really pissed off about it. I have expressed my viewpoint and dissapointment to the project leader recently, and she decided to refer to a technical report we wrote together. I appreciated this effort and the arrangement but I was still not happy with what has happened. I needed to somehow take revenge. So I decided to write this paper without putting my colleague's name on the paper. The paper includes a good summary of what we havent published together so far, so this will balance out our intellectual efforts. This annoying event turned out to be a challenge and a motivation for me to do something useful for myself. I feel more confident now that I am capable of writing a paper on my own, without any external control over my ideas. It feels good!
I have too many things to do before I go. Writing a quarterly report for my part time research job, submitting a post doctoral fellowship proposal and application, sending out my skill assessment documents, and arrangements to take an IELTS test. This is the most stupid thing I ve ever come across. I have been writing papers in English and presenting Australia at conferences for the last 3 years and I am still required to take a basic English test to prove that my English is fine to apply for skilled migration. This is hurtfully ridicioulus.
ok here we go, the most important event to take place tommorrow: Thesis oral examination. We will be connected to my international reviewers onlie via Skype so that I could answer all the questions related to my doctoral dissertation. This has been cancelled two times during last week, but tommorow it surely is happening. I am a bit excited with the idea that it is going to be over. Maybe a bit nervous about the idea of oral examination- but I was the one who wanted it in the first place. the online meeting will start at 6pm, so tommorrow will be a long day.
My dating advisor read my blog about Jamie and today he wrote things that relieved me. I was seriously becoming paranoid that I was loosing my sexual drive, but he reminded me that one night stands/ anonymous sex made me feel empty in the past. That was the reason why I avoided it on saturday night. I am growing up. I am learning to take care of myself and of my emotions. That is all.
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dont be so hard mate on yourself. I have given up casual sex too for the same reason. It is good to take a break and grow up! Dating adviser!
Post a Comment