Wednesday, June 28, 2006

From Dubai

I am in Dubai Airpirt and have been here for 6 hours now, just 2 more hours to go. The flight from Sydney was easy, I ve got my sleeping pills whenever I wanted to sleep. The girl sitting next to me was quitechatty and funny, so I entertained myself with her for a while, and then discussed the movies we watched on the flight. I saw Walk the Line - which was a bit depressing for flight movie (because I tend to watch comedy/ romatic comedy on the planes-because they re easier to engage with and less tiring to watch to). Then I watched "Rumour has it" , that was ok, but not as good as The Family Stone or Failure to Launch (presuming all are released for similar audiences). The girl watched Pride and Prejudice, of course she read the book and watched the 6 hour version before, and was curious about the new version. I said the bext about that movie was the end, when finally they embrace the love they had for each other...I mean why wait for 6 hours to reach to this climax . I think most P&P lover girls think there was alot more passion in the longer version, the tension was more satisfying etc. well isn't it also the way they experience sex (not that I am an expert), which goes on for longer, with suspended passion, while the guys are into a single climax.
The last movie I ve seen was Memoirs of Geisha. I was dissapointed. When I saw the trailer, I thought the movie will be amazing, I m glad I ve waited for my Emirates flight to see it :)) I learned more about Japanese woman and the culture, which is useful since I ve been living with a Japanese girl now. Actually She looks like the Geisha girl in the movie, she 's quite beatiful, has an attractive smile and elegant manners, the latter which I never find in Ozzie/British girls.
I landed in Dubai at 5.40 in the morning, well rested. I went to the health club in the International Hotel (which has a jakuzzi, steam room, little pool, gym and showers- best place to relax for a couple of hours), but the guy said they' ve got only steam room operating, so I decided to take a shower only. Last time I did the gym and I was knocked out when I arrived Istanbul. So I said to myself, take it easy, do the things that will only relax you, no stress for this holiday :)) It was a well equipped shower, there were big mirrors everywhere, I was alone in the big room plus I always feel so horny when I am at the airports, so I started fantasising about the Arab at the front door - not it didn't work, I tried to recall previous hot scenes, then I ended up creating a new character - that I meet this guy while I am trying the new Channel Allure Sports (it is soo good), then I say I have plenty of hours and ask him if he wants to come to the health club. We end up taking the same shower room, and he becomes the dominant character telling me what to do, and me serving him and it worked haha (This might be the Geisha influence).

After the shower I went to have my complimentary meal at the Emirated restaurant. The food was good and it was free. I ate so much and took another sleeping pill and tried to find a quiet lounge to sleep. Obviously it s impossible in Dubai Airport. Noisy families with noisy children everywhere. When I got to the quiet Lounge, I relaized there was a construction site next to it- so it not the quiet lounge anymore what a shame. I went to a Pharmacy to buy earplugs, came back and slept there for two hours. I can be so addicted to sleeping pills, they make me sleep whenever I want, so I feel more in control of my time (deciding when to sleep when to stay awake) I think it s great--not because I m a control freak and I wanna control everything including my sleep :))

About the Saturday night. I planned the dinner for the whole day: the dinner for my ne gay friends including my dating advisor, after planning everything gets easier, it took me two hours to cook everything and clean up, so I was an efficient chef. There was plenty of food and it was all finished: which is a good sign for dinner party. We got caught up chatting and laughing many times, untill David was reminding that he needed more food- ok time to serve more.
After I had three glasses of wine, I felt like I was ready to go and meet Jamie at the Manacle again. I put on mynew leather jacket ( definitely leather this time) Mr DA drove me to Oxford street, I said bye to the other boys, got into Manacle, and started looking at people. The fist 5-10 minutes is always weird, being alone at a bar and dunno what to really do. I had redbull in my hand, sipping it every 5 seconds (sign for anxiety), then I decided go towards the pool table to watch these two muscly big guys playing the pool. Both of them started smiling at me, gave good vibes. I was similing too (as my Dating advisor advises), one of the guys (Mike) came up and said "I cant believe you re really watching our game". Yeah I mean what do you say, I couldnt say anything, nodded and kept smiling (I feel like a weirdo these times when I cannot control or initiate conversations). Then I remembered what I could say but it was too late "The two best looking guys in the bar were plating pool so why not come and watch them" --Cheeky :)) I would need three more glasses to say it. Well Mike was more chatty than I was and kept talking that his performance tonight was not good, that he practices at his house (with his own pool table), but he gets nervous when people watch him (aha now everything is making more sense). I comforted him making little compliments (without being too obvious), and then there we go, he quit the game and started talking to me about infinity, philosphy, the existence of God, competitions, and many other weird things that you dont usually talk in gay bars. and that s why really liked him. Mike was intelligent, funny, entertaining, comfortable with himself, and muscly (quite close to my ideal) so what else am I lookig for. Then he reminded me that I was waiting for a friend. Ah Yes Jamie.
I went to the bar to get another beer and saw Jamie there. Mike was behind me and Jamie said hi to Mike, ah there we go they know each other, what a coincidence. we sat together and Mike said to Jamie that Jamie stole me from him. and Jamie said he met me last week. Then Mike said that he dated and got in relationships with 2 or three ex bf's of Jamie. Mike was higging me and flirting with me an I was loving it. But I think Jamie didn't, so, Mike said it s past his bed time and he left. My reason going to Manacle was to talk to Jamie, so I did not make any horny attempts to pick up or meet later with Mike. I feel I will see Mike again so I will leave it to faith.

Yes Jamie was upset with me. He thought he had done something wrong that I had to leave that night. His whole sunday was shit, and he was not expecting me to call him at all. He thinks that it needs courage to do that, and he appreciated my courage. I tried to explain how I felt that night, and that it was nothing to do with what he said or what he has done. He said he had long term relationships and it has only been 18 months since he has been single. The good thing is he is loving it. He likes to spend time on his own, and he doesn't reallt need a relationship at the moment in his life. Just like me.
He said if I had made clear that night, that I just want to hug and sleep together, he would have been fine with it, plus he made clear that I was not force into anything and it was my choice to go to his place. I apologized for my lack of communication and said that I really had good time with him, and maybe we should meet more often when I come back from overseas. it was already 1am and I had to go to wake up early next day, pack and catch my flight. We kissed and said goodbye. It was so relieving, I made it up to him, he wasn't upset with me anymore.
I got on my Bondi bus, sms ed my dating advisor that I got lucky at Manacle again. mike was still on my mind...Then I ve got a message: It s form Jamie. Says: It was really nice seeing you tonight! I thought nice and romantic guys exist in Sydney, another reason to happily come back from overseas!

1 comment:

Single Guy said...

hey Mr! good to hear you made it to Dubai. I am sure you are now in Turkey. The dating advisor loved the dinner you cooked. Great company and great food and all protien and healthy. Sydney misses you the Turk!

Good to hear you smiled. Soon, you will be my dating advisor. We need to plan Manacle. Leather and muscle..sounds like my scene!