My dating advisor invited me to a "join the club" dinner at a Morrocan restaurant, so that I make new gay friends. Three of his golden rules for a gay single guy, have a gaydar page with hot pictures, have gay friends to hang out with and be approachable by keeping your smile at all times when you are at a gay bar. I really like having my dating advisor! because he does not only give advice but also put plans into actions.
Last night was really entertaining, because for a long time, I havent felt so comfortable in a group of gay men. They are all very interesting personalities, sincere and sweet (just like my dating advisor!). some of them are...Jay the male soprano (literally he is) with a witty sense of humour, Matt the political leader/ socially aware and down to earth and sensible, who likes Kosher meat (as I do too), MM(is gorgeous by the way)with the positive & relaxed Ozzie attitude, who decided to focus on re-discovering himself after long term relationships, the prince of Italia -MM's current boyfriend, and David (beatiful green eyes and smile) who is the Mr nice guy.
I laughed a lot, felt like I connected with them a lot, and in return I was able to express myself without feeling awkward or without worrying about what the other person will think about me. Obviously it is such a different environment compared to a gay bar - where I feel more insecure and worried!- and a perfect situation for some intimate conversations and to get to know people. I always thought this intimacy factor was missing in the Sydney gay scene, so I am happy to find this positive vibe again, since I left Turkey.
Turkey is a really conservative place for the gays to live in and survive, but this also has an influence on people's relationships. When this is coupled with the middle-eastern/ mediterrenean nature, the gay scene turns out to be a more supportive and intimate environment to be in. In Sydney the opportunities are so much out there and acceptance is great, but then there is a lot more distance between the people. SO I feel lucky to meet a group of more supportive, modest and intimate group of people.
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
why arent you writing more?? I wanna hear about your emotions. Post a picture too!
Post a Comment