This is my first blog. the opening.
I am a PhD candidate. I am gay. I have a sense of humor. I used to be a clubber. I used to have a lotof gay friends/ and party friends. I realize now that choosing to do a PhD killed my social side a bit. Or Maybe I became wiser, I tend to invest in serious relationships more, which are relatively rare.
I have submitted my thesis a month ago. Waiting for my results. This is the first thing I can write because it has been my life for the last 2 years. I love the idea of being named as Dr. in front of my name. And as I was working towards to get this title, I realized that I ve have been enjoying doing this PhD more than my previous life. So this process of becoming, seemed to change my views and values. Maybe it is only about getting older :))
recently I have been thinking that I am becoming a boring academic. During the first two years I never thought I would be boring. I was still catching up with the party schedules, party friends, long night adventures, sex clubs and shags from chat. Well then I ve got into a long term relationship (2 years it is the longest), and became domestic. The intensity of the university work was doubled, I was also employed part time to work for a research project. All this demanded 60 hours a week. Sometimes I was able to give this time sometimes not. But then I realized when I do something intensely, it becomes more interesting and more exciting. I developed a passion for research.
Actually this developing passion is a recurring pattern. I developed a passion for music when I was 15. High school and University years I always wished that I could just play the piano without having to make money. I ve played as an amateur, had my Broadway Musicals group. Me as the Pianist and director , 2 girls and 2 boys singers, a base guitar, a violin, and a drummer (the drummer never came to rehearsals). I was trying to coordinate all those people, and we were not doing it for money, it was one performance on the stage, that was all everyone was after :)) And we did it, then everyone in the group had a fight, we never got together again.
Enough history. I will try to write about daily stuff. Thinking someone might read this blog...
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment