Today I was trying to get all the documents for my visa application. I am going to Canada for a Conference in July, so I have to do it now. I need to apply for visas to each country I travel this year. Schengen visa for Amsterdam, US Visa for Chicago, Canadian visa for Vancouver. I thought Vancouver is a very gay city but then I checked the Spartakus it did not show many hot spots. Well anyway Chicago would do, I will be there for Gay Games that d be hot enough ! My friend in Chicago, Bucci is buying closing ceremony tickets. And now he lives right at the centre of Boystown (he goes out a lot, unlike me). I sometimes think about moving to a more gay suburb, possibly Darlinghurst, then I realize I love the beach and the ocean more.
I started jogging 3 days a week in the mornings. I run to Bronte beach, it s downhill, it s ok. And then some stretching where the ocean pool is. Ah every morning the ocean looks so amazing and so different. I thought I would get over this pleasure but I did not. Everytime I go closer to the water it makes me so excited. After the stretching and listening to the waves, I jog to Tamarama, and climb up the 142 stairs. They are a bit of killer steps, jogging up all the way is not easy. I have to catch my breath for minutes after I reach at the top. But it is a good moring exercise really, waking me up, pumping some blood to my brain. I limit these aerobic sessions to 25 minutes, not more than that. The intensity reaches top towards the end, and bang! it feels really good.
The other 3 days of the week, I go to fitness first, the usual stuff, weight training...I have a strict diet as well. I do not eat bread, pasta or rice, I eat fruit and meat and vegetables. In Turkey everyone eats bread for breakfast, lunch, dinner, with meat, with cheese, even with pasta. Quitting bread has been so difficult for me because of that habit. Within this diet programme Sunday is my free day. I eat whatever I want, and I do not have to exercise. Such a pleasure to eat a rasberry tart for mid-morning, gelato for mid-afternoon, and big big Big John's pizza for dinner. I used to be a bit stressed on sundays thinking about the week is starting, but now I feel so happy for being able to eat eat and eat, I do not think about anything else. strongly recommended.
sleep tight wake bright
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment