Saturday, May 20, 2006

Coaching Sessions

I have been having career coaching sessions with a friend of mine who is a trained coach now. Today was our fourth session in 6 weeks. The whole thing makes me focused on my goals, question what I really want to do and go for it.

Today I ve learned that I focus on problems rather than solutions. Too much analysis of the problems eventually ends up with lots of concerns. Sometimes these concerns become so heavy that I want to sleep all day, I dont find energy to do even the simplest things. Because I know this pattern I usually call my coach when my concerns start to become heavy. We are in touch once every week via telephine conversations or viva sessions. So I got so used to this support and I find my self making a lot of decisions, taking actions, making plans, checking on my goals continiously. Every week so many things change, and we work on so many aspects of my psychology as well. It is so nice to have such a spiritual support to achieve the things I want to achieve.

The outcomes of the coaching session so far: 1. I started playing piano again 2. I decided to look for a stimulating and ambitious research environment where I can be creative, 3. I set up my ultimate goal: I want to become a professor, and I found out what resources I need to develop to become a professor, 4. I have made job applications and developed ways to market myself and my research, I have written a proposal to get a research position 5. I have become aware that I care too much about what other people think about me and finally today I have made another action plan to change my domain to IT. I am going to learn programming and be involved in creating immersive virtual reality envrionments.

Everything is changing too fast, thank God I have my coach, it feels safe and much more manageable.

No comments: