Wednesday, August 23, 2006

having a child?

Had an interesting talk with mum last night. I was telling her that I have been feeling lonely, even in my relationships, and she suggested that I can have a child. She thinks I can raise my child by living with a woman in the same house, but still sleeping with men when I need to. This woman, the mother of the child, could be one of my friends who agrees on this arrangement. Something like the Madonna-Everett movie, The next best thing. In the movie they have the child, start living in the same house, having their separate lives etc. untill Madonna falls in love with a guy and decides to go with him to another city, with the child. Well this sort of failure is possible, as well as other unexpected situations. I reckon, that is the risk to take. I remebered my conversation with Aretha, she has no will to find a husband, but she started to plan having a baby. I get along well with her, we used to do the boxing classes together, she s like my mate, she likes rock climbing, trekking, camping, gay dance parties, surfing and skiing. She travelled all her life until she finally chose to settle in Sydney. She looked for love on all continents. Now she has been planning to have a baby without having a partner, so she moved to Northern beaches, leased her own place, bought new furniture and so on. What if I find someone like Aretha and suggest that we have a baby and live together? Sounds crazy to me but then I think about being a father, and giving my love and finding love in return...I feel like this soothes my soul.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nopes, academics defi arent boring!!!!
;-)
esp this one!
hey there - i musta read all the posts on ure front page here on my first visit! very engrossing. hope ya dont mind dat i linked to ya.
cheers

Zafer Bilda said...

Thanks closetalk, yu re my first stranger on the blog! welcome

Single Guy said...

I think that I have thought about this also..I just have not found the right lesbian. I think me deciding to have a child would be for selfish reasons..and may not be best for the child.

walypala said...

Can I be the second stranger? The stranger stranger?

I'd echo singleguy, you should probably not seek children for what they can give to you because their needs will far outweigh their ability to give you what you want, if that makes sense.

Children can, in their early years, exacerbate loneliness. They are a full time job and they devour your social life and leave you little time and energy to put into finding a real source of companionship who has more developed conversation skills.

Listen to me, what a nanna!