Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Seize the moment?

I was having my morning chat with my Dating advisor (NSSG) and he told me that I was a bit sad at his farewell dinner. However It s not because of the farewell, it s how I ve been feeling for the last two weeks. Before NSSG was telling me that he felt that I had anger, now sadness. So this reminded me something I ve learned in NLP, there are layers of emotions/states that are dominant in our lives. For some people this is anger, for some this is feeling insufficient or powerless, or disappointment or for some this is a feeling of unity, oneness. Anger is one of the most common surface emotion, below anger there is usually sadness. Sadness comes up when yu remove the anger layer. As yu remove these layers yu may discover other issues. I see this as a process of opening up, getting rid of the layers that put pressure on me. Pressure slows me down, it sometimes stops me, changes my mind about doing things, reduces my energy and hope. Who wants this kind of pressure in his life. When I ask people about their higher aims, they always tell me that they want to reach to a mode where they feel "free" and happy. I interpret freedom as getting rid of the pressure, where one feels the power and energy within to go forward and seize the moment.

My last entry was about the guy I met at the onference thinking about him but not doing anything about it. R*yan left a msg saying "seize the moment". The pressure stops me. and I guess my sadness comes from stopping myself and depriving myself of the things I would like to happen in my life. Why would I do that? Why many people do that?

4 comments:

Dating Guy said...

Hey GADC

It is interesting what you say about the layers. it's like peeling an onion. I did this great course a couple of years ago called "Turning Point". In fact, I am doing it again in a couple of weeks. Self awareness is an on-going project. I highly recommend this course. It managed to deal with things that 10 months of counselling didn't even touch and it's only a few evenings and a weekend. Have a look at http://www.peopleknowhow.com.au - I think that you would really like it. Great to see you last night and looking forward to our Turkish Christmas!

Single Guy said...

hey mate. You and I think too much and analyise things. What comes after sadness? what layer? I think you are finding and exploring yourself and that is a great thing...i did it through therapy. It is good to peel away the lawyers and see what makes you tick. I am happier now and more relaxed. And I am seizing the opportunities. I'll miss you.

Monty said...

Hey there...trust me, I have spent the last 7 years stopping myself from things I wanted to do (IE being gay) and I felt the kind of sadness that you write about. And although my life in the past couple of months has not been perfect, I'm certainly feeling happier inside because I did "seize the moment" (particularly in Berlin/Prague) and I did decide that the pressure to conform to the straight mould was not worth it. Go for it - seize whatever it is that you are looking for! You have some wonderful friends in DG and NSSG who have supported me wonderfully and they will support you (I'm sure you know that anyway)!
Lovely to see you again last night btw, even if we didn't get to chat too much! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)