Melbourne is nice, but I m glad to be back in Sydney. Each time I go to Melb I enjoy it for a couple of days, then i feel like, I am ready to go back to Sydney. I enjoyed staying in the same room with Single Guy and being closer to him on a daily basis - cause David rarely visited the room. I spent all sunday with David, we went to the Exhibitions, galleries, did the cultural tour in Melbourne, had a nice afternoon snack at the Hairy Canary (which is my favorite restaurant), and then talked about NLP. I was having difficulty in understanding how David was able to be so calm and cool about things. In that sense he is so different from me and the Single guy. He does not analyse things much, if something does not work he moves on, he is very easy going, he is ok with what we say or do, he does not get angry, and he seems to be the always calm and happy. At the Hairy Canary we started talking about my NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) course, and what I ve learned during the period. As I was talking to him, and asking whether he has has a problem that we can work on, I realized he did not really have a problem. He was able to re-program himself very well, he did not need to do the NLP. He was able to manage his thoughts and his life. Then I was very curious to learn how he was doing that, so the conversation went on and on, and I felt really good about talking to David. Actually I started seeing him from a different perspective.
The main reason why I went to Melbourne with Single Guy, was the Bloggers meeting, and particularly because I was curious about D-U-P. I had been reading his blog for a while and wondering how it would be like to meet up. I was actually hoping that I would be attracted to him and have a weekend affair, hehe. Well the real life is always suprising, it sometimes does not match with what I dream of. D-U-P is a great guy, however I was not attracted to him. I was not attracted to anyone in Melbourne. How weird. I used to have a flirtatious ME, which was allowing me to have fun with guys (in an evil way); recently I feel like i do not allow this. I am in control, I ve learned my lesson after the German architect.
R*yan is exactly like how he describes himself in his blog: happily coupled (with a boyfriend I havent seen physically). perpetually romantic. chronically introspective. sporadically spontaneous. ...an extroverted maniac hidden beneath an unassumingly nice guy exterior. I felt myself very close to him probably because he reminded me of myself: sincere and a smooth daydreamer on the contrary rejecting to go all the way for his creative side, very loyal to friends and family on the contrary not always loyal to himself.
Melbourne trip helped me to reflect on the things I prioritize in my life. My job is very important to me, I would not think of being without my academic identity, I like the challnge and the edge it gives to me. I am not addicted to sex, I prefer to have sex in case I find someone really attractive (I am talking about the personal energy not the looks).
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thank god for that... I felt like i had done something wrong, like i had done something to upset you when all it was was that you didnt find me attractive. I thought you were a nice guy but had real difficulty communicating with more than one person at a time which was usualy me since you, ryan and I were the only three doing anything. It was a pitty that the main reason you came to melbourne was for me, if you had of come to have a good time then i think you would have enjoyed yourself more. If we meet again hopefully we can get off on a better note, or is that foot?
glad to know that you felt that closeness also. it's interesting, you know. how people can come together and there can be that immediate familiarity between them. you made me think and laugh. it was fun.
have not considered moving to sydney but dearly love to visit.
hey Victor...
I had a great time in Melbourne too..and it was good to properly catch up with you and spend some quality time with you as well. I am sorry for leaving early on Sunday but that was the only flight back. I agree that you and me are similar..we think too much and analyise too much. Sometimes I do hope that I was more like David...life would be less stressful then...but that is life..I think we should aim for balance.
I do hope that you sort out your life. I know you will and you will find amazing things. I was where you were for the last five years.
Hi Victor,
Nice to meet you! Remember me? One of the bloggers in Melbourne:) (Joking :) Hey, it was really good meeting you.
Take it easy. I am also like you and NSSG. Very introspective and we tend to analyze everything:) Very tiring but that's who we are :)
Anyway, I have linked you up in my blog. I read most of your entries and now I know and understand you more:)
Take care always :)
I can see that reading all of these blogs is going to take up lots of time...but it's compulsive reading! Lovely to meet you on Sat night at DG's place! Enjoyed your blog, look forward to reading more of them!
Post a Comment