Monday, February 05, 2007

meaningful fears

David says "Stop analyzing and thinking too much", I think that is the key to a happier life, although it is a very grounded habit not wanting to go away from my addictions list. The last course I did, Matrix exploded, teaches a similar approach to life. Analyzing, thinking, struggling and putting continous energy and attention in whatever I try to achieve does not necessarily end up with achievement and with pursuit of happiness. What makes us happy is written somewhere else, a place that we ignore or not prefer to go. Whatever name you may call that place, lets say higher self, already decided on what appears in my life. So I think it is better to come to terms with it, rather than ignoring it. How do you come to terms with your higher self? Only by appreciating what you have right now. I know this concept is "so not me", but I am understanding that happiness and many other things in life are connected to this simple concept, that I resist to practice. Resistance only comes from our fear to change, transform, our fear to loose "who I am". This last one is the biggest fear, and if you overcome this fear, life will be such a different space to live in, you know what I mean if you ve seen the movie, V for Vendetta (highly recommended).

What has been going on in my life and how do I struggle with my "self"? I will go into that with some keywords: Boyfriend, emotional intensity, friends and good time, more research projects, weekend outdoor activities, getting back on the diet and gym, less alcohol consumption, saving water in the house (because each drop counts), thinking about why the sharks come to Bondi recently, still waiting for bloody Volkswagen to deliver my car, getting excited for Mardi Gras parade, getting excited that mum is going to watch me in the parade, and there I will hold my Bf's hand (got this idea from NSSG).

That s all for today...

4 comments:

Single Guy said...

I wish I could relax too and stop analysing things too much too. I think it is driving my boyfriend away...it may be too late and I may have f*cked up another relationship.

So you can be the happy couple walking down oxford street!

RRP said...

good news and bad news.

glad to hear about your breakthrough, vicktor.

but sorry to hear about you and dg, nssg. i hope it isn't too late.

Anonymous said...

take it easy.. =)

Anonymous said...

Hmm... do you meditate or anything of that sort?

I don't but I found Melbourne very good for 'spacing out' just at the cafes. (Much better than back in Singapore.)

Don't know about Sydney—never been there, yet.